Icy Arenas for Hot Days
Tuesday, August 22, 2017
In the midst of a heat wave, it’s a pleasant reprieve to think of cooler days ahead. Though many think of ice skating and hockey as winter sports, true aficionados can be found hitting the rink all year round. Even so, now is good time to service your rink and make sure it is up to par when the crowds do arrive.
Here is a checklist to help you start on your rink maintenance:
· Edges. Are there dips or inconsistencies at the edges? These can impact more of the surface the longer they are left unresolved.
· Lines. Are the lines highly visible or are they buried six inches down?
· Color. Does your rink appear to be the same color throughout? Unsightly variations reflect poorly on your business.
· Equipment. Has your equipment been serviced recently? Resurfacing machines, refrigeration systems, and even HVAC systems operate best with regular maintenance.
· Dasherboards. Are there nicks and scuffs in your dashers? Are there loose or cracked panels? Resolving these issues not only looks better, it also reduces accidents.
· Seating. Do your seats look like they’ve been walked on with skates? It might be time to invest in durable seat covers.
· Training. Is
your staff up to speed on how to operate the machinery? Uneducated employees can cause significant
problems in your rink.
· Conversion Covers. Does your rink serve multiple functions? The right temporary flooring and conversion covers can make the transition for other events smoother and more comfortable for your customers.
At Borgman Athletics, we have expertise and the resources to keep your rink looking great and operating well. We offer seat covers, temporary flooring, and walkways from Covermaster – leaders in the industry for more than 40 years. Give us a call and we’ll find the right solution for your facility.