Dos and Don’ts of Caring for Your Field
Thursday, June 29, 2017
Now that baseball season is in full swing, it is more important than ever to keep your field in top shape both for the safety of your players and the successful play of the game. Below are some dos and don’ts to help you keep your baseball/softball fields in exceptional condition.
· soil test and apply the recommended nutrients needed to keep grasses strong and healthy
· grade your infield to keep puddles from forming causing damage and preventing cancellations owing to moisture
· rake and drag after every use, filling in and tamping down low spots to keep fields level and safe
· keep fences, dugouts, bleachers, walkways, etc. in good repair to limit liability and give you players and fans a great experience.
· remove more than 1/3 of growth when mowing so grass isn’t susceptible to deterioration
· over water as it leads to shallow roots and weak turf. Water deeply but less often for best results
· use wet fields as it causes damage such as holes and “bad hops” leading to safety issues
· overschedule. Give your fields time to recover between events to keep them healthy.
· push, pull, rake, sweep, squeegee or broom puddles into the grass as it can kill grass and create bigger puddles and build-up of material causing uneven transition from grass to dirt
Keeping your fields and grounds in the best shape possible is paramount to a successful and safe baseball/softball season. We carry top of the line products from Covermaster®, a leader in the field of protective sports surface covers in the U.S. and worldwide. We can help determine your need and find the best products to suit your unique requirements so CONTACT US today for inspection, consultation, installation or maintenance. Our experts are standing by and you can count on us for sound advice and top-notch service.
01/18/2019 - Core Training Equipment for Ki
11/16/2018 - Volleyball, the Game for All
09/14/2018 - Why Does Fitness Equipment Nee
07/13/2018 - Fitness and Track Equipment: T
05/18/2018 - Top Benefits of a Baseball Sco
03/16/2018 - The Sports Equipment Guide: Wh
01/31/2018 - The World of Basketball
08/22/2017 - Icy Arenas for Hot Days
07/18/2017 - Football Season Is Here!
06/29/2017 - Dos and Don’ts of Caring for Y
06/06/2017 - Playground Installation and Ma
05/17/2017 - Best Types of Playground Equip
01/31/2017 - Preparing for Baseball Season
12/20/2016 - The Mercedes-Benz Stadium
11/08/2016 - Moving your Routine Indoors
09/18/2016 - Good Sportsmanship for the Mos
08/14/2016 - Fall Maintenance of Athletic F
07/26/2016 - Care and Maintenance of Tennis
06/15/2016 - Summer Care of Soccer Fields
05/12/2016 - Kids’ Favorite Sports
04/17/2016 - Get Those Girls on the Field
03/15/2016 - Hey, Batter, Batter, Batter! T
02/16/2016 - Creating a Multi-Use Space
12/16/2015 - Maximize Gymnasium Use with Re
10/15/2015 - Autumn Care for Sports Fields
09/17/2015 - Do You Have a Game Plan for Ke
07/27/2015 - Team Sports Impact on Children
10/07/2014 - Important Inspections