Hey, Batter, Batter, Batter! Time to Get Ready for a New Season
Tuesday, March 15, 2016
Spring is on its way and that means one thing around here: baseball! You’re working hard to get your fields in order and we want you to have the best season ever, so we thought we’d share some tips on what not to do this spring.
Mistakes to Avoid in Maintaining Baseball Fields:
1. Dump the dirt in the right place: if you’re leveling a field, make sure you have the fill dirt dumped where you want it to end up, not half a field away.
2. Protect your seed! If you’re reseeding a natural field this spring, make sure you’re not just feeing the birds. You also want to pay attention to the calendar, directions on the package, and the weather when you seed—all of those things can have a big impact on your success.
3. Watch where you’re going with that machinery: there are plenty of things you don’t want to hit with bobcats or tractor tillers: sprinkler boxes, water pipes, home plate and base pegs, just to name a few. Keep an eye out for things that can’t be moved, and get the rest out of the way before you take the cat to the field.
4. Make sure someone knows how to use the machinery. Sure, you can rent a bobcat, but does anyone on your crew know how to operate it? You don’t want anyone leaving ruts on the mound, accidentally digging up the infield skin, or simply run out of gas because they can’t read the gauge.
5. Check city ordinances before applying pesticides. You don’t want to deal with fines or closures because you applied pesticides or herbicides at the wrong time, the wrong dosage, or at all when they’re prohibited.
When it comes to equipment maintenance, you can always count on our team to help you out. We can answer questions, upgrade and repair equipment whenever you need it done. Give us a call today—before baseball season really takes off!
Subscribe To Our Blog
01/18/2019 - Core Training Equipment for Ki
11/16/2018 - Volleyball, the Game for All
09/14/2018 - Why the Fitness Equipment Need
07/13/2018 - Fitness and Track Equipment: T
05/18/2018 - Top Benefits of a Baseball Sco
03/16/2018 - The Sports Equipment Guide: Wh
01/31/2018 - The World of Basketball
08/22/2017 - Icy Arenas for Hot Days
07/18/2017 - Football Season Is Here!
06/29/2017 - Dos and Don’ts of Caring for Y
06/06/2017 - Playground Installation and Ma
05/17/2017 - Best Types of Playground Equip
01/31/2017 - Preparing for Baseball Season
12/20/2016 - The Mercedes-Benz Stadium
11/08/2016 - Moving your Routine Indoors
09/18/2016 - Good Sportsmanship for the Mos
08/14/2016 - Fall Maintenance of Athletic F
07/26/2016 - Care and Maintenance of Tennis
06/15/2016 - Summer Care of Soccer Fields
05/12/2016 - Kids’ Favorite Sports
04/17/2016 - Get Those Girls on the Field
03/15/2016 - Hey, Batter, Batter, Batter! T
02/16/2016 - Creating a Multi-Use Space
12/16/2015 - Maximize Gymnasium Use with Re
10/15/2015 - Autumn Care for Sports Fields
09/17/2015 - Do You Have a Game Plan for Ke
07/27/2015 - Team Sports Impact on Children
10/07/2014 - Important Inspections